Monday, March 1, 2010

Love, May 22, 1997

As we were going through things to put on this blog to celebrate Donna's special day, Dolly came across this poem Donna wrote when she was 13 years old. It reads:

Love is when you see your Dad cry,
and you cry just by looking at him.

Love is when you feel sad
when you think your sister's leaving you out (DENISE).

Love is when you feel special
whenever you mother hugs you.

Love is when you think about your sister
and just smile (DOLLY).

Love is when I feel
my dad tell me he's proud of me.


Love is when my sister
tells me about her day (DAYNA).


Love is when my mom
lets me read to her.


Love is when my sister
borrows my clothes (DAWN).


Love is my family.

(Can I just say, "ouch!" What did I do to leave you out?)

2 comments:

  1. This is just one of her many compositions....an early one. I have so many really good stories tucked away that she has written over the years. This girl has a gift for writing, but she doesn't think she does. Someday she might let me get one of her stories out to share with others. They really deserve to be read and enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girls, thanks for going through my important papers in my closet at Mom and Daddy's! Just kidding:) Actually I was 17 in 1997. I wish I was 13 because that would make me 26 today:)

    Denise, I don't remember what you did, but it obviously moved me to write a heartwrenching poem.

    ReplyDelete